Tuesday, March 29, 2016

40k Age of Sigmar: Burna Boyz

My next 40k AoS project is Orks.  It's a little slower going since they have a lot of diverse weaponry and different flavor from unit to unit.  I thought I'd share a warscroll to show how it's going.  At their core, the Burna Boyz are basically the pre-existing fantasy orcs warscroll with different equipment options (which is really what a lot of this will be).  I wanted high overlap and consistency between fantasy and 40k orks since it makes a lot of sense thematically to interplay them.


They have pretty non-traditional weaponry.  The Kustom Mega Blasta of course had to be super silly (as is the Shokk Attack Gun I'm working on).  I ended up giving the Burna Boyz, Shoota Boyz, and so forth Cuttas as seen on the Arrer Boyz warscroll for Orcs and Goblins for their melee weapons.  I also lifted the Mob Rule ability from pre-existing orky warscrolls, although I'm not sure whether or not I'll keep it.

I've decided to use the Space Orkz keyword for most of the units and the Speed Freeks keyword for buggies, bikes, vehicles, etc.  I also have the Boyz keyword on here, which I was originally going to use to create a series of warscrolls that could form up into units however you pleased, but I've ended up scrapping that idea.  I'll probably end up keeping the Boyz keyword and using it for something, I just don't know what quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment